"We see more than a condemned person, more than a prisoner who is accused of committing a horrendous crime and who is sentenced to death. They too are capable of creating something thought provoking and beautiful."
Since the project's informal start in April 2015, there has been some great coverage of the work and the artists.
Below is a range of perspectives on the charity and work.
If you would like to know more, or talk about the possibility of setting up an exhibition with the artwork, please email us here.
BBC News South East - June 2017
Reviews & Articles
- Article in VICE Magazine USA re San Quentin Death Row Artists here
- Death Row Inmates are making art - would you buy it? Article in Messy Nessy Chic here
- Read a little piece about ArtReach on Death Penalty Focus website blog here
- Death Row Art
- The death row inmates who turn to art: ‘We should be willing to listen to what they have to say'
- London Gallery Exhibits Death Row's Art And Poetry
- San Quentin, CA: Home of Death Row, Home of Art A look at the wider consequences of death row art, prison and death row reform, and how projects like these can change public opinion.
- San Quentin art & Poetry exhibition - BBC South East News - June 2017 Short BBC clip about Art Reach.
- Review of June 2017 exhibition at Sun Pier House, Chatham, Kent naturestrikesback.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/live-from-death-row.html
- Review of 2017 San Quentin Kent exhibition deiradiary.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/lessons-from-death-row.html
- Blog piece from "Prison Arts Touching Hearts" - www.prisonartstouchinghearts.org/blog/2017/7/19/the-art-of-redemption